Hands on Healing - It is a method of supporting the body's natural ability to heal and restore.
The recipient can be lying or seated, whichever is most comfortable, and remains fully clothed.
The Reiki practitioner gently places their hands in a sequence of positions which cover the whole body. Recipients may feel heat or warmth in certain areas and often report feeling immersed in a state of deep relaxation.
- Initiates change in areas of need, restores balance and helps maintain wellbeing.
- Treats the person as a whole - addressing physical, mental and emotional aspects of well-being
- Helpful in resolving a wide range of complaints and supporting individuals with various conditions.
The Bowen Technique is a gentle, deeply relaxing and highly effective hands-on remedial therapy.
It is suitable for all age-groups, including new-born babies and the very elderly, is safe for the infirm, during pregnancy, pre and post operative, and can be performed even when bone is fractured.
Subtle but dynamic rolling movements are performed over muscles, tendons, ligaments and soft tissue at precise anatomical points on the body.
The Bowen Technique can be used to support almost any condition because the moves do not cause adjustments in themselves but rather act as signals, setting off a wave of communication through the nervous system and prompting the body’s innate ability to make the changes necessary to restore balance.
There is a few minutes break between the moves in order to allow the body to interpret the signal and respond to it - begin the self-healing process.
The moves may help divert energy from stress-loading areas of the body to areas where the energy is needed.
By releasing stress at a very deep level, via its calming effect on the Autonomic Nervous System, Bowen stimulates the body to realign, addressing imbalances in functions and chemical composition and, as far as possible, restoring homeostasis (physiological equilibrium).
This remarkable technique can be quick and effective in helping the following:
- Muscular and skeletal problems in neck, shoulder, hip, knees, ankle and back, including sciatica
- Frozen shoulder, tennis and golf elbow, R.S.I., carpal tunnel
- Whiplash and sports injuries
- Problems with posture and body alignment
- Migraine and recurring headaches
- Bell's Palsy, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson's Disease and the difficulties suffered by stroke victims
- Respiratory, bronchial and related conditions such as hay-fever and asthma
- Digestive conditions such IBS, and Crohn's Disease
- High blood pressure
- Hormonal, pregnancy and fertility problems
- Infant colic, bed-wetting, panic attacks
- Cerebral Palsy, Autism, ADD, ADHD and Dyspraxia
- Stress management, ME, fatigue and sleep problems.
Bowen can be of assistance in many cases of emotional stress, where relaxation is a prime factor in easing pain and anxiety. It is also often a great help in improving the quality of life for those who are terminally ill.
£60 - 45 minutes
£90 - 90 minutes